Many times you might have heard this word Blogging, Basics of Blogging covers everything you need to know about Blogging in 2023.
After reading this article you will be very much convinced why you should start blogging and how can you get started even if you have zero experience in blogging.
Blogging comes under roof of Digital Marketing.
So, what is Digital marketing?
It is a method through which you promote your products or services online with the help of various digital media platforms, especially social media or search engines.
Digital marketing can be categorized under multiple ways such as – Blogging, Affiliate Marketing, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing , PPC(pay per click), influencer marketing, SEO(search engine marketing) etc.
We will be discussing in brief all that you need to know about blogging – right from starting the blog till you start making money from it.
What is Blogging ?
Blogging is a method of publishing your views/stories or information about a particular topic or subject on a website.
It could be your own website or you could contribute to somebody else’s.
For example, Deepak Kanakaraju writes about digital marketing on digitaldeepak.com while he’s a columnist at Entrepreneur.com and YourStory.
Blogging is one of the quickest, shortest and smartest ways to become a brand, to acquire an authority, to build a business or to make money online.
What can you blog about?
You can start blogging about something you are extremely passionate about or something that you are interested in.
Well why do you need to choose topics or niche which you are interested in? Its because you can play a long term game instead of giving up too soon in just few weeks after starting.
Watching a lot of movies? Well you can make a movie review blog around it. You can win free movie tickets from the film-maker if your blog is attracting a lot of eyeballs.
Love traveling? Great opportunity for you to become a travel blogger and earn a free entry pass to travel to different places across the world.
Who knows you can even be invited to promote tourism of any state?
You get to travel for free, sounds amazing right? Check out Shivya Nath – The Shooting Star
If you love using tech gadgets and if you start reviewing, you might end up getting free gadgets from the companies. Check out Anand Khanse – TheWindowsClub
A relationship coach or a career counsellor has the opportunity to create their online presence and build their personal branding.
There’s definitely no restriction on what topics you should blog about. If you are good at anything there is always an audience waiting for guidance or help in that niche.
If you can help them with your blog, congratulations you can become one among the few top bloggers too.
Get started! Read this – How to Start a Blog
Who can do Blogging?
Blogging is recommended for people who are looking to establish their credibility in a particular domain and planning do start something online but is confused.
It is recommended for people who want to improve their personal brand and establish an authority in their particular field.
It is also recommended for Housewives, students, Senior citizens and others who want to work online from home can take up this task of writing about something that you love.
Why should you blog?
Check out these recent statistics on blogging.
- There are more than 600 million active blogs on the internet.
- About 25% of all the websites are blogs.
- 410 million people visit 20 billion pages each day on the wordpress.
- Companies that blog, generates at least 67% more leads than the companies who do not.
“With your words, you have the power to change the world” said Harsh Agarwal, founder of Shoutmeloud.com
It’s a good platform for people from all the professions to express their views and opinions and to influence the readers.
This is the best platform to share your new learning, to document your thoughts and more importantly to generate passive income for yourself.
When you write and people visit your blogs and when they comment and share, you automatically get to expand your network. As the network improves, your brand improves.
Through blogging, you give value to your readers which in turn increases your credibility.
For example, a fitness enthusiast or a nutritionist writes blogs that can improve the health of the general public.
Similarly, Robin Sharma, one of the leading leadership coaches, writes blogs to convey his message to the public and to sell his books and courses.
You can also make blogging as your full-time career, as the opportunities here are exceptional: from running your own successful blog to creating your own marketing or consulting agency.
“When you become a great writer, you become a good speaker. If You are a great speaker, you become a good trainer. subsequently, a great trainer becomes a Great leader in the specific field.
No one becomes a thought leader on a topic overnight. Starts with writing blog posts, then books, then public speaking, then interviews”.
-> Digital Deepak, founder of digitaldeepak.com
Can you make money from Blogging?
“If I would have gone ahead with my 9-6 job, I would be making $20-35k per year.
With blogging and other online activities, I have managed to make more than $550K a year, which is 15x of the amount from my job.
Moreover, by the end, I’m my own boss and I work within my own comfort”.
-> Harsh Agarwal, founder of Shoutmeloud.com
Blogging has helped numerous individuals to become their own boss through the internet.
Many of the famous bloggers now who are millionaires have started their journey while they were studying. Blogging has the ability to earn you money.
Blogging won’t only help you at present, but it can also generate a passive income for your lifetime.
Once your website has a good amount of readers, you can apply for Google Adsense or any other affiliate programs and start earning.
These are some of the ways you can earn money.
- Banner Ads
- Affiliate links
- Promotion of products
- Video advertising
“I woke up at 4:00 AM every single morning to write content till 8:00 AM. Spending 2–3 hours daily was sufficient to earn Rs. 20,000 from content writing work”.
-> Pardeep Goyal, founder of cashoverflow.in
How much is the investment required?
If you are satisfied with a subdomain from a blog publishing service, you can actually get started for free. For example, $20 on blogger.
If you decide to purchase your own domain, you might still be spending less than $10 a month.
A self-hosted WordPress.org website, domain registration and hosting are your primary expenses. The other assets you need, like themes and plugins, are provided for free unless you purchase from third-party providers.
Domain registration and hosting together shouldn’t exceed over $20 during the first month.
How long will it take to earn money?
It might take anywhere between 3–6 months to earn your first dollar.
But you need to be focused and consistent.
It will certainly take time to scale it up. So be patient and work hard smartly.
There are over a billion blogs on the internet. Should you even waste your time with blogging?
If you are wondering, watch this video of Neil Patel, who is considered one of the number one digital marketers of the world.
Tips to become a Successful Blogger
- Don’t become an expert to write blogs instead write blogs to become an expert. If you wait, time will never come.
- The narrower you go, the better. When you do that, you make your reader more focused on your content then you can get the right audience.
- You need to grow your blog every day. It’s okay even if you write 4 blogs/month or a blog post per week, but you should make sure it’s the best you could ever produce.
- Focus more on the content, the traffic will follow you. Try to stress that you want to give value to your reader and not just for you to rank on the first page.
- Always ask your readers and improve.
- Write in an organized way because an average reader would spend only 40 seconds on any blog.
“Treat your blog like a product or a brand. “How can you make it stand out from the crowd?” — Brian Dean, Backlinko
10 Basic terms to know before you start blogging
(Don’t worry much about this as we’ll explain this along with other useful terms in brief in our next chapters)
- SEO: SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization. It is a process used to improve your blog’s rankings in search engine result pages, and reach on top page of Google.
- Keyword research: It’s about finding those keywords which people are searching for on the internet. It’s better to write related to those topics (Users’ demand).
- Backlink: When a blogger in one of his content gives a link to your website, it’s called a backlink. Also, if you link to any other website is a backlink (external backlink).
- Domain Authority: It indicates how relevant and reliable is your website. The higher it is, the more trustworthy you are in your niche.
- Bounce Rate: The percentage of visitors who navigate away from your site after viewing only one page.
- Google Search Console: Google Search Console is a web service by Google which allows you to check how your website could be optimized to rank better or are there any issues you need to fix on your blog.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is one kind of free web analytics service that gives you reports about your website traffic. You can use these analytics to improve and grow your blog.
- SERP: Acronym for Search Engine Results Page. It mainly refers to the first page of the Google search. If you search for any keyword, the top 10 results you see are on SERP.
- AdSense: These are advertisements placed on your blogs by Google; you make money if someone clicks on that segment.
- Guest Post: When you write a blog for others’ websites either for a backlink or credibility, your post is called a guest post.
You must start blogging with a goal in mind to solve problems of the public and to provide them with good values.Basicblogs of blogging is a Guiding source of telling how you can do that.
Start small. Don’t think that you’ll cover every domain. By doing that, you will not get the right audience you are looking for. Instead, narrow down and reach the right audience.
Blogging is about giving value to the audience and impacting people’s lives.You cannot make money without helping them.
You alone can impact lives. Don’t tell me you are just one person. So was Nelson Mandela and so is Elon Musk.
And don’t worry, blogging is not complicated. If you consistently work for one year, you can make $1000 a month and slowly with time you can scale it up to $10,000 a month.
SKY IS YOUR LIMIT IN BLOGGING! Want to know How to start a blog, read this article – How to start a blog.
If you have any questions, feel free to mail us at email@example.com